The ReTrade Project is passionate about restoring hope and dignity to the poor and marginalized of our city by building relationship and giving access to resources in which individuals previously would have been unable to ascertain. We also feel equally as passionate about educating and training these individuals, and the community at large, in environmental issues and good stewardship of the earth in which we share!
We work with the following groups:
- Communities, providing a platform for community recycling & environmental education;
- Organisations, partnering in development, artisanal green products and sustainable eco-focussed projects;
- Individuals, developing trading skills and increasing their capacity and work ethic;
- Children and families, encouraging education and participation through community programmes.
“We won’t have a society if we destroy the environment.” – Margaret Meade
“Overcoming poverty is not a gesture of charity. It is an act of justice. It is the protection of a fundamental human right, the right to dignity and a decent life.” - Nelson Mandela
“If you cannot feed 100 people, feed just one.” – Mother Theresa
To see the upliftment of people and the environment.
- To deliver a much needed ‘value-for- value’ system through the practice of trading goods. We whole-heartedly believe in giving a hand-up to empower instead of a hand-out which enables.
- To promote strong work ethic, ingenuity, and responsibility
- To empower individuals to become self-sufficient through available means
- To reach across cultural and socio-economic boundaries with compassion and care, giving aid and direction to felt needs which arise
- To provide opportunities for unskilled individuals to learn basic skills through our recycling training.
- To create awareness regarding the environmental crisis
- To educate individuals and communities in more sustainable living practices and to view waste in a creative way through our open days and skills training.
- To equip traders, volunteers, donors and community members with skills and knowledge in making a difference in stewarding the world in which we live.
Mission & Purpose
To assist individuals who need immediate aid by providing for their basic human needs as well as educating them and the wider community in eco-sustainable practices.
This will be achieved through providing an opportunity to access our bartering program, recycling skills training and special open-days.
Restoration of dignity, work ethic, pride, ingenuity and responsibility
Promoting compassion, relationship, empowerment, sustainability and stewardship